- Super Ninja Training Time : Notice of Change
- Class Information for Sunday 19th May
- Tag Rugby Tournament (Saturday 25th May / optional participation )
- Preliminary announcement for next class information ( Sunday 26th May / NO CLASS)
- Special Thanks
- Information of donation from Össur
- Introduction of Chichibunomiya Minato Rugby Festival 2019
Super Ninja Training Time:
Notice of Change
As of 19th May, the training sessions for Super Ninja classes will be changed to 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. (formerly 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.).
Based on recommendations from other rugby unions, parents and observations, a vigorous 1 hour session is more beneficial for the children’s development, motivation and enjoyment of the game of rugby, than an extended 1.5 hour session (particularly as we approach the hotter summer temperatures).
Whilst the actual training sessions will finish at 10 a.m., the coaches will be available from 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. to play with the children if they wish, but they are also free to do as they choose once the training finishes at 10 a.m.
We hope these new arrangements work well with you and for maximising the player’s enjoyment.
As always, please do feel free to let us know if you have any questions or comments on the new timings.(Email address email@example.com )
Class Information for Sunday 19th May at Showa Women’s University
- Super Ninja <South Ground>
- Ninja <South Ground>
- Junior Samurai <Leo Ground>
- Samurai <Leo Ground>
- Shogun+U18 <South Ground>
Please click the link below to see the venue map and notes on what to bring and other miscellaneous items.
Todoroki Rugby Festival (optional participation)
Tag Rugby Tournament
As part of the Todoroki Rugby Festival, a Tag Rugby Tournament will be held for kids up to 12 years old.We have also received an invitation from Kawasaki City Rugby Football Association to invite SIRC members to join this tournament.
This will be a great opportunity to give our kids some tag rugby experience at a big stadium so please do encourage the kids to participate so we can show some SIRC presence on the day!
Date : 25th May (Sat)
- Meeting time / 8: 30am
- Opening Ceremony 9:00a.m. / Closing Ceremony 11:00a.m.
Place : Todoroki Athletics Stadium
- 1-1 Todoroki, Nakahara Ward, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Meeting place / At the top of the stairs of Gate A
Ages : Children up to elementary school sixth grade(From infant to 12 years old)
Preliminary announcement for next class information
- The class is closed on 26th May
- Please be aware that 2nd June (Sun) and 9th June (Sun) class will be held at BST Nagasawa Sports Ground.
We will use BST Nagasawa Sports Ground on 2 and 9 June due to the unavailability of Showa Ground.
Basically we would like to keep using South and LEO ground as our main grounds.
Thank for participating in an exchange event with the Asao Rugby School as the BST Nagasawa Sports Ground Opening Day.
On the day, thanks to the support of the Rugby World Cup 2019 Organising Committee, children could meet the mascot character Ren-G and there was also a Land Rover exhibit (worldwide partner of RWC 2019).
In addition, with the cooperation of I.F.P. Kids Club, we were able to carry out planning such as the introduction section of Japanese culture. We hope you enjoyed it.
Also a big thanks to Renee (Shogun player) and her mother for their handmade SIRC cakes. The sales of the cakes were donated to SIRC. Donations we receive will be happy to make the purchase of rugby supplies for our club.
Thank you very much for everyone’s heartwarming support.
Information of donation from Össur
With the introduction of Dr. Kei, A pioneer in advanced technology to improve people’s mobility, Össur has donated emergency equipment to SIRC. Össur advocates “a life without limits,” through collaboration with individuals, clinicians and diverse communities around the world. It is a global leader helping to improve the quality of life of millions of people, specialising in Prosthetics and orthosis solutions.We are grateful to receive a great deal of support for the safety of our participants. [ Össur ]
Chichibunomiya Minato Rugby Festival 2019
Minato Rugby School, who we have a close relationship with and have been a keen supporter of SIRC since the launch of the club, will be hosting the following event, so please do take part in the event if you and your kids are interested.
- 1st June (Sat) 10:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- Chichibunomiya Rugby Stadium and surrounding areas
- http://chichibunomiya-minato-rugby-fes.jp/ (Japanese only)
- 2:15p.m.KO / Super Rugby 2019 ROUND16 Sunwolves vs Brumbies (final game to be played in Japan for 2019 season)
- There will be various rugby-related booths, food stalls from all over the world and some onstage performances in and around Chichibunomiya Stadium
- An introduction to rugby program at Japan rugby’s holy ground, Chichibunomiya Stadium, to be run by former Japan players and Top League players. Children and adults who are interested or have yet to experience rugby are encouraged to join.
- Date/Time : 1st June (Sat) 9:00a.m.-10:30a.m.
- Place : Chichibunomiya Rugby Stadium
- Fee : ¥1,000 (primary school children and below), ¥3,000 (jr. high school children and above/adults)
- Prior registration required (Japanese only)