- Class Information and Event Guide for Sunday 12th May
- Tag Rugby Tournament (Saturday 25th May / optional participation )
- Preliminary announcement for next class information ( Sunday 19th May / Showa Women’s University)
Class Information for Sunday 12th May – BST Nagasawa Opening Day
Meeting time / 8:45a.m.
Let’s not be late！
Training time / 9:00a.m.-11:50a.m.
- Classes assemble and given instruction for their group
- All classes / Joint practice with Asao Rugby School · Practice by class · Interaction with Ren-G (Rugby World Cup 2019 mascot)
- What is a Ren-G? ! [Please see this video ]
- Farewell and Photo with Ren-G
- Shogun (U13) + Samurai Class / Friendly Match with Asao Rugby School
- Super Ninja, Ninja, Junior Samurai, Shogun (U15), U18 class members support Shogun (U13) + Samurai, or participate in a rugby simultaneous experience party, Japanese culture experience corner, Land Rover corner, face paint corner, food corner etc. Let’s enjoy the day!
Please refer to the Event Guide below for details.
- SIRC training will end and BST official opening ceremony will start at 12:00, everyone is welcome to stay for this!
Meeting Place / BST Nagasawa Sports Ground
- 5-1-1 Mita, Tama-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa [ BST Nagasawa Sports Ground ] Also refer to the \Meeting Map\ at the end.
- From Odakyu Line “Ikuta Station”, take the Kawasaki City Bus and walk about 25 minutes. For details, please refer to the attached guide map. Please come by train to arrive at Ikuta Station at the latest by 8:15a.m. Please take the bus at either 8:17am or 8:24am.
- There is no parking available at BST Nagasawa sports ground. There are some paid parking lots nearby, but we recommend that you come by train as these may be full on the day.
■ Transportation route
Get off at Odakyu Line “Ikuta Station” South Exit
↓ Walk (250 m)
Get on Kawasaki Municipal Bus
“Ikuta Station”Line “生01″(iku-zero-ichi) or “生02″(iku-zero-ni)
“生 01 Miyamae kuyaku-sho mae” “生 01 Miyamaedaira eki” “生 01 Washigamine eigyou-sho mae” “生 01 Nagasawa iriguchi keiyu washigamine eigyo-sho mae” “生 02 St. Marianna ika-shika daigaku mae”
※Any of these buses is fine
↓ Get on bus (4 stops)
Get off at Kawasaki Municipal Bus “Shun-jyu-en iriguchi”
↓ Walk (650 m)
Arrive at BST Nagasawa Sports Ground
■Kawasaki-city Municipal Bus [ Kawasaki-city Municipal Bus ]
Timetable(whole) [ Timetable ]
Route map [ Route map ]
＜ Event Guide ＞
SIRC Rugby Experience Clinic / 11:00a.m.-11:45a.m.
SIRC will hold a rugby experience clinic for all BST and visiting Kawasaki students . All members are welcome, so please enter. Everyone can participate, so please invite your brothers and sisters and friends. We look forward to seeing you there!
I.F.P Cultural Stall / around 10:00a.m.-3:30p.m.
Japanese culture experience corner (tea ceremony, fair,etc.) by I.F.P Kids Club
A Japanese culture experience corner will be held with the cooperation of the “I.F.P Kids Club” as a learning facility that teaches in English on Sunday 12th May at Nagasawa Ground Opening. In addition to wearing kimonos, you can experience a traditional Japanese tea ceremony, there is also a \Enfest\ corner full of games that children will love. Please come and visit us!
Mascot Kids Application Corner by Land Rover Japan
Land Rover Japan, a world-wide partner of the Rugby World Cup 2019 , which will be held for the first time in Japan and Asia, is recruiting mascot kids for entry into the arena with representative players. A total of 96 people will be elected, 2 children each in a total of 48 games, including the host country Japan, and children aged 7 to 13 from the participating countries and regions. For submissions from Japan, take pictures of the enthusiasm for the Rugby World Cup with a Land Rover vehicle or logo as a video within 1 minute, and apply from [ Special Site (Only Japanese)] or post to SNS (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
This time, Land Rover has partnered with the Japan Rugby Union to set up a special booth at BST Nagasawa Sports Ground for us. Children of the target age, by all means apply for this opportunity, we would like you to enjoy the Rugby World Cup as much as possible!
How to apply: Shoot a video (length: 1 minute or less) showing your child expressing his/her enthusiasm for RWC2019 and follow the instructions below.
The video must show either a LAND ROVER vehicle or the LAND ROVER logo (in the background).
Examples of “enthusiasm for RWC2019”
- How do you plan to show your support for your favourite team/player?
- Do you have any particular style in mind for cheerleading activities at the stadium?
- Do you intend to take on any personal challenges in connection with RWC2019?
BST Nagasawa Sports Ground Opening Day 10:00a.m. – 3:30p.m.
All SIRC members are welcome to stay for the entire BST Nagasawa Sports Ground Opening day on Sunday 12th May from 10:00a.m. – 3:30p.m.. There will be:
- Japan Cricket Association Clinic (everyone welcome to join!) including demonstrations and hands-on sessions
- Family fun activities such as 3-legged race, egg & spoon race, wheelbarrow race, boccia and more!
- Food wagon corner – Malin’s fish & chips and Swan and Lion pies
- Face painting experience corner
* Children of SIRC can participate in the Cricket Clinic from 12:45p.m. to 1:45p.m. and Family Fun Activities from 12:45p.m. to 1:30p.m.!! Please decide on the day!
Please bring the same equipment as you usually do for training at Showa Women’s Ground
For those playing contact rugby , please make sure to bring head gear / mouth guard and non-metal sole boots.
Please click the link below to see the notes on what to bring and other miscellaneous items.
Information on Todoki Rugby Festival(optional participation)
“Tag Rugby Tournament”
As part of the Todoroki Rugby Festival, a Tag Rugby Tournament will be held for kids up to 12 years old.We have also received an invitation from the sponsored Kawasaki City Rugby Football Association to invite you to join the SIRC members.
“We want to give our children a lot of match experience!” Said one SIRC coach.If you would like to participate, please apply below!
- 25 May (Sat) Open at 8:30 /Opening Ceremony 9:00 / Closing Ceremony 11:00
- Todoroki Athletics Stadium (Totoroki 1-1, Nakahara Ward, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture)
- Children up to elementary school sixth grade(From infant to 12 years old)
Deadline for application:
- Wednesday, May 15 [ Application form is here ]
- The meeting place and other details will be given to applicants.
- Depending on the number of participants, there is also the possibility of participating in a joint team with other schools.
- If the number of applicants is very small, please be aware that we may reconsider our participation.